Sunday 7 July 2013

The Liebster Award saga continues


O.K. So there is this award thingy going round in the blogsphere that I was nominated for. (Aw shucks, Kitten of Discord. You are always so kind!) The point of it all as far as I can see is to help our fellow bloggers, who despite their favour in our eyes don’t have much of a following, gain followers. Hence! The rules are as follows:



So here goes:

11 Random facts about me:

1.    Pink is actually not my favourite colour. I love quite a few and wouldn’t feel the need to choose, but for the sake of being a persona (which is a little like a novella) pink is my favourite colour.

2.    Learning to drive was very important to me as a young’un, and to this day was one of the best things I ever learned to do. I attribute my freedom to being able to get in a car and go.


3.    I am way better in writing than in person. Words come through my fingers a whoooollleee lot better than through my mouth. I suspect a malfunctioning wire somewhere but am too scared to investigate.

4.    I write music and poetry. And they are always just so sad! Except for one song I wrote for Husband for our wedding day which was happy (duh), but even that one came out in a distinct ‘minor’ key.


5.    I am terrified of singing or playing music in public, and would simply die a thousand deaths if anyone ever found and read my poetry.

6.    I have written a novel – VERY lighthearted and fluffy  – but I actually am extremely proud of it and will spend the rest of my life striving to have it published. (and keep writing more of them of course)


7.    I am a short blonde trapped in a 6-foot red head. Hence the heels and highlights.

8.    I HATE being called ‘Pam’! It is my namesis.


9.    Pami, PamiPamPam or even just PamPam don’t bother me. Figures.


10.  I love books, but am a slow reader. I blame this on the fact that I also love life and have spent many years living ‘out there’ rather than staying in reading. I am not sure if this depresses me or defines me or if I should in any way be regretful. At least my books are still here for me, always a new one ready and willing to be opened, always a library available if I end up too broke to live the fabulous and busy life to which I have become accustomed.

11. I always dream that I can fly, like Superman, and I am starting to believe that I actually can. Its just the whole gravity thing I need to work out, but one day, when I figure my way around that – I’m sky high baby!


And now for the part where I answer the rather interesting (read: strange and unusual) questions that Kitten of Discord set out for me.

1.            You're given the option to permanently relocate to either 100 years in the future, or 100 years in the past. Which one do you decide and why?

100 years in the past. Because Baroness Orczy. And Richmal Crompton. Those pulp magazines, 1920’s fashion (there and there abouts) and spelling was still kinda not so set in stone so I would be seen as ‘poetic’ rather than dyslexic. Also, so I can say things like ‘I remember when in 100 years time…’. Yes. Small things amuse me.
Of course I am aware that things wouldn’t exactly be the way I see it now (so neatly laid out on google), but I get a real kick out of walking around ruins or ancient dwellings in lands with history up the wazoo. So I guess I’m a bit of a nostalgic fool.

2.            Who was your first celebrity crush?
Erm, Steven Segal. Thanks to my brother’s evil influence. (YOUR fault, B Slaveboy!)

3.            What is your alignment?

Neutral Good, I guess. With a strong soundtrack of Nicky Minaj in my head going “Wrah, Wrah, like a Dungeon Dragon!” since reading up on alignment.  (YOUR fault, Discordian Kitty!)

4.            You get to become a professor in something they teach at Unseen University or Hogwarts. What is it? (made up subjects plausible in an alternative magical universe's magical school acceptable.)

The Art of Un-Aided Flying. No brooms. No planes. No flying contraptions of any kind. Just your body and you going WOOSH! Like Superman. Because I can.

5.            Putting aside common sense, skepticism, personal conviction and fear of hell, what religion of all the religions in the history of the world would you choose to be the right one?

Jesus-moralist-ism. With a Shintoistic slant. Basically be nice and good and enjoy life without hurting anybody. Nothing that involves the need to wash pots. Oh, but it’s probably best if you wash your own body every day, whether you need it or not.


6.            Comedy or Tragedy?

Definitely comedy. Life is tragic enough as it is without having to inflict more sorrow and sadness on my poor self for entertainment value.

7.            You have a button that not only destroys Facebook, it removes all traces of it from everyone's memory but yours. Do you press it?

NO! DO NOT PUSH THE BUTTON! The question itself makes me break out in a cold sweat! Without Facebook, how will I remember everybody’s birthdays?!?

8.            All YOU need is?

Music

And wine.

And Cats.

And a good book.

And you have got yourself a fabulous evening all to yourself!





9.            If you were not the sexual orientation you are now, who would you want to make sweet, sweet love to? 

Hmmmm… still my hubby bubbly, but then I’d have to kick his cheating ass for betraying me with other me. Probably safer to go with Jessica Alba.


10.       List five of your favourite words.

Extraordinary.  Sis-Horrible (giggle). Husband. Rosemary. Dude.

But actually, in real life, ALL the words. (not including the f-word, or the k-word. But the c-word has made a recent happy appearance…see here.)


11.       Name something silly that makes you happy for irrational reasons.

When I was 100 years older… hehehe

And thats it for now folks! I'm going to have to think this thing through a bit more before I nominate other bloggers and set them questions. Till then,

Love, lust and fairy-star-dust
Cherry Blossom

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you wrote poetry.

    And I'd love to hear you play your own music. You can give me a secret performance and not be woried as I am so bad there's no way I can fail to be impressed ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Not even a secret performance I'm afraid. I might cry! Then again, stranger things have been done in the name of red wine...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete