Tuesday 23 August 2011

i Have a Headache in my Head

For the past 2 and a bit weeks, my back has been misbehaving something terrible. The physio is working with me and my revolting spinal joints, but i have still spent many sleepless nights recently related to back pain.

Poor me!

While lying there (uncomfortably as it were), a poem i wrote a few years ago kept going round and round in my brain. It was a poem written in a similar situation: in the early hours one morning after a few sleep deprived days. The poem may be all about my headache at the time, but the sentiment is still the same, and i think it captures what i'm going through now with my back simply and beautifully. It's called...



i Have a Headache in my Head

i have a headache in my head
and how my headache aches!


It aches all day
It aches all night


And keeps me wide awake!


i've had this headache in my head
for several aching days


i've taken pops,
i've taken pills


i've pop'd and pill'd
right to my fill


i'll have to keep on taking
till...


 My headache goes away :)




Love, lust and fairy-star-dust
Cherry Blossom

2 comments: