Friday 27 May 2011

Honeymoon part 2

The carbs, oh the carbs!

For months before my wedding, I had done carb-exorcism from my life. Our house was purged and the smoke of the fire of my Bridal Willpower loomed protectively round our perimeters so that no carb bearing person dared enter. Even those who had recently partaken of a carb-based meal didn't venture near for fear of my righteous "Right, 100 minutes on the skipping rope for you!" indignation.

But on honeymoon, on the island, Husband and I were in a carb encrusted paradise! I ate carbs all day long. Every meal was a carb frenzy! And it was not of the 'good' carb verity, mind you (carrots, whole grain, wild rice, sweet potato etc) Oh no. I ate unabashed, unashamed, unadulterated CARBS! Sticky refined white rice, pasta, sourdough rolls, white bread, brown bread, french loaf, gnocchi, dumplings, pastries, chocolate croissants, dew cakes, banana loaf, more bread, egg noodles, fried rice, cannelloni, lasagna, french toast...and then to top it all off, pizza and fries! And Pringles as snacks. 3 weeks of glorious full-throttle carbo-loading!

I actually, and I know I am going to regret saying this, got sick and tired of carbs.

OK I take that back.

Anyhow, that still didn't stop me. I had carbs with my meat, carbs with my veg, carbs with my salad, carbs with my shrimp, carbs with my crab. Carbs with my coffee, carbs with my eggs, carbs with my fruit - I even had carbs with my carbs!

But alas, just as with the TV series 'Gilmore Girls', all good things must come to an end. Sad.

But hey, there's always re-runs :)


No comments:

Post a Comment