Sunday 29 May 2011

Happiness Is...




...when you run into an ex, and you are looking way hotter and way happier than he is!


This just happened to me, and I feel the need to immortalize this decedent 'You Suck!' moment in cyberspace, incessantly!




I dedicate this wonderful incident and feeling to each and every woman out there who has ever been wronged by a low life, and I send all my shallow (but well deserved) pleasure to you with the Fairies of Sisterhood!


SCENE

The Location:

  • Woolworths Food store, just off Glengariff rd, Sea Point

The Day:

  • Gloriously wintery
  • With soft cloudy 'perfect-face' lighting

The Preceding Events:

  • I was having one of those ghd's (good hair days, curly style) 
  • Make that a gEd! (good EVERYTHING day) 
  • Thanx to the lazy wintery sunday morning, I was the barer of a good solid 10 hours sleep, and feeling fresh of face and beautifully rested
  • Thanx to my latest no-booze detox, I spent ALL of those 10 hours of sleep rejuvenating an already not-too-bad complexion, rather than attempting to solve a self-inflicted bout of hung-over roguishness
  • Thanx to my trainer, The Herminator, I was looking sleek and slender in all the right places. 
  • And thanx to my special friend, Princess A's birthday party, I was dressed to impress! (I have a reputation to uphold, you know) Dark blue skinny jeans, soft grey jersey, japanese silk scarf, white italian cashmere coat, and beautiful beautiful boots!

Which brings us to...The Shoes:

  • My latest and most decedent Nine West knee-high boots; a heavenly creation of baby-suede shoe cradle, pearly grey snake-skin-like shaft, topped with fluffy grey and white rabbit trim
  • Real leather. Fake fur

The Point of it All: 

  • He cheated on me. A long time ago, I know, but he got the last laugh in our relationship. Left with, and married the cheatee, while I spent many miserable lonely nights crying into bad bottles of crackling (the champagne for the young, poor and broken hearted who don't know any better)
  • But not only did he cheat on me, he took my self-respect and self-worth while we were dating, kicked the crap out of it, hooked it up to the back of his car, dragged it all around town behind him through gravel and mud, spat on it, stomped on it and basically turned me into a shadow of a woman - aka the simple pathetic naive little girlfriend of his
  • Oh, and he broke up with me, lured me back, broke up with me, lured me back, broke up with me etc for about a year and a half before the cheating incident ended the whole nightmare with a loud and grand cheating bang

The Unfolding Event: 

  • I breezed into woolies, smiling and laughing at something Husband had just said, and there he was. Mr Ex. Scowl on haggard face. Receding hairline (haha)
  • I saw him and knew it was him, but ignored him with JUST the right amount of 'in-your-face' time 
  • ...so that he knows 'Oh yes, I saw you. Oh yes, you don't deserve my acknowledgment, you dirty cheating bastard. Oh yes, I haven't forgotten. Oh yes, I have noticed your slumped shoulders and missing ring on finger'

It was one of those moments you always dream of after a bad break-up, but never actually happens outside the private realms of your own imagination. THIS is how I know God is a woman, and She is watching over me. She made the slime-ball bastard of Her creation (not Her fault how he turned out) squirm uncomfortably as I was given the gift of standing close by watching, pooled in the light of poetic justice.

The Cherry on the Top:

  • I was there with Husband, glowing with my usual in-loveness when he is around
  • AND, of course, I had my big-ass diamond on my finger! 
  • And we were whispering conspicuously in the que behind the ex, (like two school kids who know all the latest goss on the school skank), all about him, and his dirty rottenness
  • And we got to mock his stupid outfit. Pants half way down his butt, like an unkempt gangsta-wanna-be teen...exactly the same look he 'sported' 10 years ago when I dated him. He obviously hasn't grown out of it yet

This is one woman who, without the lowlife of an ex in her life, has blossomed on to a life fantastic! The ultimate lovable Husband, her new-found taste for genuine French champagne, and delirious happiness with full fledged newly weddedness seeping from her every hair-flip. And the one thing the ex wasn't was stupid.

So Oh yes, he totally got it.

She who laughs last, laughs with the most awesomeness :)





No comments:

Post a Comment