Monday 19 August 2013

But...does it come in Pink?


The answer, ladies, is yes, yes it does.

I am a girly girl. I am not ashamed of this. In fact, I tend to revel in it at any given opportunity. High heels, pearls, lipstick and Chanel, I embrace my inner (and outer) femininity with full-fluff fervor! This is why it came as a surprise to everyone around me that I like to fly fish. Trust me, none was more surprised than I! Who would ‘a thought that I could trade in my Choo's for gum boots, hand over my glittery clutch purse for a trout-skin fly box, hang up my Italian designer jeans for quick-dry waders and an Akubra hat??? Not I! I was the last person in the world who would touch a slimy fish, let alone end up loving the creatures as though they were my pets!

But thankfully, my willingness to try almost anything once (FOMO perhaps?) and my eagerness to join Husband in his favourite pastime, outweighed my need for a fragranced, mud-free existence. I did what Husband asked, took the fly rod, and POOF became an avid fly fishing woman! But in pink Hunter boots, of course.

Never one to leave a gesture un-rewarded, Husband did me proud last week. He found and bought me the most exquisite pink fly fishing rod I could have imagined! It is a SAGE (that's like the Louis Vuitton of fishing rods, for those who don't know) and is pearly pink with diamondy silver etchings. Each line on the rod sparkles like the ring on my finger.

This rod is called the 'Grace' and was introduced by Sage as an initiative to raise funds to support a charity for women with breast cancer. In the words of 'SAGE' themselves: 

IMPROVING QUALITY OF LIFE FOR WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCER



The GRACE rod is the next generation pink rod offering from Sage and is available exclusively in an 8’6", 5 weight model which features all new cosmetics. A portion of the sale of each GRACE rod will go to Casting for Recovery; a non-profit organization dedicated to giving women powerful tools to overcome the challenges of breast cancer.



So not only is it beautiful and pink, but its purchase has helped someone out there. I love that my rod has purpose, far beyond me catching a few fish. AND she looks good, lets be honest ;)




 Husband did good :) Cherry Blossom happy!

Love, lust and fairy-star-dust
Cherry Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment